MEPS and Labelling for Household washing machines: TCVN 8526: 2010 (applied by 78/2013/QD-TTg)
This standard is adopted based on the title year, but only takes effect in the market based on the following laws:
- Decision 51/2011/QD-TTg & Decision 03/2013/QD-TTg stipulates the list of equipment subject to energy labelling program, application of MEPS and the roadmap.
- For home appliances group: As of January 1, 2014, it is not allowed to import and produce devices with energy efficiency below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For industrial equipment, office equipment and commercial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For round light products (incandescent lamps): From January 1, 2013, it is forbidden to import, produce and circulate lamps with a capacity of greater than 60 W.
- Decision 78/2013/QD-TTg, stipulates the list of equipment and roadmap for rejecting lower than MEPS appliance/equipment
- For household appliances and industrial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
Promulgated 25 December 2013.
MEPS is based on:
E = 25.0 Wh/kg
Comparative labelling is based on E:
1-star: 23.0 < E = 25.0
2-star: 20.0 < E = 23.0
3-star: 17.0 < E = 20.0
4-star: 14.5 < E = 17.0
5-star: E = 14.5
National standard TCVN 8526: 2010 for Household washing machines - Minimum energy efficiency level and method of energy efficiency determination have been replaced by National standard TCVN 8526: 2013 for Household washing machines - Effective energy efficiency and energy efficiency determination method.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more (Vietnamese)