This standard is adopted based on the title year, but only takes effect in the market based on the following laws:
- Decision 51/2011/QD-TTg & Decision 03/2013/QD-TTg stipulates the list of equipment subject to energy labelling program, application of MEPS and the roadmap.
- For home appliances group: As of January 1, 2014, it is not allowed to import and produce devices with energy efficiency below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For industrial equipment, office equipment and commercial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
- For round light products (incandescent lamps): From January 1, 2013, it is forbidden to import, produce and circulate lamps with a capacity of greater than 60 W.
- Decision 78/2013/QD-TTg, stipulates the list of equipment and roadmap for rejecting lower than MEPS appliance/equipment
- For household appliances and industrial equipment: From January 1, 2015, it is not allowed to import and produce equipment with energy efficiency levels below the minimum energy efficiency.
Promulgated 25 December 2013.
MEPS is based on the EER in m3/ min-W:
For Table fans, stand fans, wall fans
Wing diameter < 250 mm : 0.5
Wing diameter > 250 mm to 450 mm : 0.8
For ceiling fans
Wing diameter < 1200 mm : 2.4
Wing diameter > 1400 mm : 2.5
Comparative labelling is based on R=EEmeasured/EEminimum:
1-star: R = 1.0
2-star: 1.1 < R = 1.2
3-star: 1.2 < R = 1.3
4-star: 1.3 < R = 1.4
5-star: R > 1.4
National standard TCVN 7826: 2007 for Electric fans - Energy efficiency has been replaced by National standard TCVN 7826: 2015 for Electric fans - Energy efficiency.