Outlines the mandatory reporting requirements for required operators in BC. These are further laid out in the ensuing GHG Emission Reporting Regulation.
The Act introduces emission offset units to producers who reduce their emissions, with one unit per tonne reduced credited to the operator. Also introduces an emission offset project to be entered into by operators.
The regulators may carry out inspections and administer monetary penalties in case of compliance failure.
Governed by Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Strategic plans
- Information and education
- Performance-based payments
- Mandatory reporting
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Emissions estimates
- Prescriptive requirements and standards
- Targets, plans and framework legislation
- Climate change strategies
- Consumer information
- Product certification
- Compliance requirements