This decree establishes that public entities and/or companies, in case of purchase or replacement of energy equipment, this must be replaced by the most efficient technology on the market at the time of purchase. For this purpose, the Ministry of Energy and Mines, by means of a Ministerial Resolution, establishes the guidelines and/or technical specifications of the most efficient technologies for energy equipment.
The energy equipment, following under the scope of this decree are the following: lamps, ballasts for fluorescent lamps, refrigeration appliances, boilers, asynchronous or induction three-phase electric motors with squirrel cage rotor, washing machines, dryers, air conditioners and water heaters.
- Space, water and process heating technologies
- Space cooling
- Lighting technologies
- Refrigerators (incl. combined refrigerators-freezers)
- Industry sector-specific processes and technologies
- Manufacuturing technologies and systems
- Portable room ACs
- Gas instantaneous (domestic)
- Electric resistance heaters
- Instantaneous electric resistance water heaters
- Heating, cooling and climate control technologies