This standard sets out particular safety requirements for a range of household and similar electrical appliances.
- Household refrigerators and food freezers with an effective volume < 500L
- Ice-makers incorporating a motor-compressor
- Ice-makers incorporated in frozen food storage compartments
- Refrigerating appliances and ice-makers for use in camping, touring caravans and boats for leisure pruposes
- Ice-cream appliances
- Voltage of no more than 250V for single phase appliances and 470V for other appliances.