The purpose of this standard is to establish general requirements and rules for providing information on energy consumption during the operation of certain types of products:
- household electrical appliances and devices, incl. lighting equipment;
- gas equipment for household and municipal purposes;
- thermal insulation products and materials;
- vehicles for individual use.
The objective of this standard is informing consumers about the energy efficiency of energy-consuming products for household and municipal purposes is carried out in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation " On Energy Saving ", " On Protection of Consumer Rights ", "On Licensing of Certain Types of Activities" .
Informing the consumer of household and municipal products about their energy efficiency is carried out in the following ways:
- submission of the "Energy efficiency label for energy-consuming household products", containing energy efficiency indicators and data on the compliance of these indicators with the requirements of the relevant standards;
- applying on an energy-consuming product, label and packaging of a special marking, indicating that the energy efficiency indicators of a certain class of labeled products meet the requirements of the relevant standards;
- submission of a data sheet containing energy efficiency indicators of the product, data on the compliance of these indicators with the requirements of the relevant standards.