Argentina Renewable Energy Auctions - RenovAr Program (Round 3) - MiniRen Round
RenovAR 3 auction round called “MiniRen” for renewable power capacity procurement was launched in September 2018. Around 400 MW renewable capacity was opened for competition. In July 2019, the auction results were announced.
In result, 259 MW were awarded long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs).
Weighted average contracted prices for renewable technologies were as follow:
- Wind: USD 58.04/MWh; 128.7 MW capacity awarded
- Solar PV: USD 57.58/MWh; 96.75 MW capacity awarded
- Biogas: USD 158.57/MWh; 17.75 MW capacity awarded
- Biomass: USD 106.15/MWh; 8.5 MW capacity awarded
- Small hydropower: USD 103.44/MWh; 7.38 MW capacity awarded
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more