Energy certificate

Last updated: 5 November 2017
Since July 2008, anyone wishing to rent or to buy a property has been able to demand the owner, landlord or seller to provide an energy performance certificate for buildings constructed before the end of 1965. Since January 2009, this applies to all buildings constructed later than 1965. Since July 2009, an energy performance certificate is required for all non-residential buildings. Amendment: As of 1 May 2014, new energy certificates for residential buildings feature a rating in terms of a set of energy performance classes from A+ to H on the label; A+ being the most energy efficient, H the least efficient.