The SADC Energy Protocol is a regional framework for energy cooperation among Southern African countries whose objectives include:
(i) harmonization of energy policies, strategies and programmes
(2) cooperation in development of energy and energy pooling,
(3) cooperation in the development of energy sub-sectors
(4) ensuring provision of reliable and sustainable energy service,
(5) development of human resources
(6) cooperation in human resource development, research, adaptation, dissemination and transfer of low cost energy technologies
(7) and standardization of in appropriate energy development and technology.