National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) through 2020
National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) is the document setting the targets of use of renewable energy sources until 2020, as well as the manner of their achievement. Among other things, its aim is to enhance investments into the field of renewable energy sources.
Ukraine's renewable energy 2020 targets:
- Overall target: 11% of share of energy generated from renewable sources in gross final energy consumption;
- Heating and Cooling: 12.4% of demand met by renewable energy sources;
- Electricity: 11% of electricity demand met by electricity generated from renewable energy sources;
- Transport: 10% of energy demand met by renewable energy sources.
Development of Ukraine’s renewable energy production is supported by the following measures:
- Green feed-in tariff;
- Land tax reduction for renewable energy enterprises;
- Number of tax exemptions: (1) operating profits of the energy companies producing electricity from renewable sources; (2) biofuel producers’ profits earned from biofuel sales; (3) company profits earned from combined electricity and heat production; (4) profits of producers of machines, equipment and devices for the manufacture and reconstruction of technical and transport means consuming biological fuel types; (5) value-added tax exemption for the transactions related to importation to Ukraine’s customs territory of equipment working on renewable energy sources.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more