National Renewable Action Plan (NREAP)
Under the EU Directive 2009/28/EC member countries of the European Union are obliged to draft and submit to the European Commission National Renewable Action Plans (NREAPs) outlining pathway which will allow them to meet their 2020 renewable energy, energy efficiency and GHG cuts targets.
Austria 2020 renewable energy targets:
- Overall target: 34% of share of energy generated from renewable sources in gross final energy consumption;
- Heating and cooling: 33% of heat consumption met by renewable sources;
- Electricity: 71% of electricity demand met by electricity generated from renewable energy sources;
- Transport: 11.5% of energy demand met by renewable energy sources.
In order to achieve above enlisted targets Austria established comprehensive legislative and administrative framework regulating and facilitating sustainable development of renewable energies. This framework is being supported by structure of various ficial, fiscal, research and promotional measures and incentives.
- Feed-in tariff scheme: Ökostromverordnung 2009, 2010, 2012;
- Strategic planning in sector of energy;
- Green Electricity Act 2008 and 2012;
- CHP Law;
- Promotional and education programmes;
- Environmental and climate change acts and strategies;
- Energy efficiency, energy savings and renewable energy in building sector;
- Certification of installers of various renewable energy installations;
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more