This Regulation stipulates the manner of use of:
- renewable energy and cogeneration plants ,
- plant groups,
- the minimum share of electricity produced in plants using RES in total energy consumption,
- encourage the production of electricity from renewable energy and cogeneration,
- RES potential test, the register of projects and facilities for the use of renewable energy and cogeneration,
- construction of RES, and
- redemption fees,
- port facilities RES to the grid,
- certification of origin for electricity produced from RES,
- the establishment of institutional structures for the operationalization of stimulus production from RES,
- as well as other issues of importance to the use of RES.
On the basis of this Regulation, it is required that from 1 May 2011, in the electricity bill in the Federation of BiH that is delivered to the customer, exist a separate item to indicate the amount of fees to encourage use of renewable sources that all customers pay.
The aim of the Regulation is a major boost production and consumption of electricity from renewable sources, which is generated in power plants that use only renewable energy sources.
Production of energy encourages the purchase of the obligation guaranteed by the power companies at prices that are significantly higher than the cost of existing plants. These guaranteed purchase prices are different and depend on the size and type of source. The reference price for 2012 amounts 0.1226 KM / kWh