The purpose of the Energy Law is:
- 1) to ensure efficient, safe and quality energy supply to the consumer in the quantity demanded and for justified prices, diversifying the types of energy resources to be used, increasing the safety of the energy supply and observing the environmental protection requirements;
- 2) to promote efficient use and balanced consumption of energy;
- 3) to ensure the right of energy users to choose the type of energy and the merchant;
- 4) to promote economically justified competition;
- 5) to determine the procedures for the management of energy industry and the principles for organisation and regulation of operation of energy supply merchants;
- 6) to facilitate the use of local, renewable and secondary energy resources;
- 7) to promote the use of environmentally friendly technologies to reduce the impact of energy industry on the environment.