The purpose of USDAs National Biodiesel Education Program is to increase the awareness and ultimately the utilization of biodiesel. The program provides information about the benefits of biodiesel and assists in the development of educational tools for a national biodiesel outreach program. The program focuses on market barriers to biodiesel commercialization and develops strategies to eliminate these barriers.
Program goals include:
- 1. Conduct Educational and Technical Support Programs;
- 2. Collect and Disseminate Biodiesel Information;
- 3. Coordinate Biodiesel Education Program with the National Biodiesel Board;
- 4. Identify and Document Benefits of Biodiesel;
- 5. Identify Information Gaps and Gather Data Pertaining to the Gaps