The purpose of this law is to:
- expand the utilization of renewable energy sources for generating electric energy,
- benefit from these resources in a secure, economic and qualified manner,
- increase the diversification of energy resources,
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions,
- assess waste products,
- protect the environment and to develop the related manufacturing industries for realizing these objectives.
This law encompasses the procedures and principles of the conservation of renewable energy resource areas, certification of the energy generated from these sources and utilization of these sources. This law gives information about RES Support Mechanism, Exempted Production, and Use of Domestic Products in Turkey. In addition to this, principles of implementation regarding investment period is explained in this law.