Energy Performance of Non Residential Buildings

Last updated: 5 November 2017
The regulations concerning new and existing nonresidential buildings took effect on 1 January 2011. All new buildings and existing buildings undergoing significant renovation must meet new energy performance requirements. The regulations introduced a calculation method for measuring energy performance. New buildings must be accompanied by an energy performance certificate. For existing buildings, an energy performance certificate is required in case of change in the building owner or tenant, as well as if significant renovation is undertaken. The certificate provides a rating of the buildings energy performance, as well as advice on improvements that can be made.
The energy efficiency of the building is calculated by a qualified expert who also issues the EPC. The buildings can be labelled A through G, and for existing buildings the certificate also lists cost-effective measures for improving energy performance.

Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more