Act establishing incentive for electricity generated from wind, hydro, solar, biomass and biogas was introduced on 31st December 2001 increasing support for electricity generation from renewable energy sources.
Form of the support:
- Ficial bonus (“premium”) paid on top of the feed-in tariff.
- Level of the support depends on the type of the installations
- per each kWh send to the grid.
Technologies eligible and levels of the support:
- Solar PV (<50 kW): EUR 0.45 - 0.50/kWh;
- Wind (< 3 MW): EUR 0.25/kWh;
- Hydro (< 3 MW): EUR 0.25/kWh;
- Biomass (< 3 MW): EUR 0.25/kWh;
- Biogas (< 3 MW): EUR 0.25/kWh;
- between 1 January 2001 and 31 December 2005;
- 1 January 2005 and 31 December 2007;
Length of the support:
Solar PV installations receive support for period of 20 years and 10 years for other systems.
Digression system is in place for the scheme
Closed for new applications on:
1 March 2008
This incentive system is complementary to the feed-in tariff schemes for renewable energy and cogeneration from 1994 and 2005.
Want to know more about this policy ?