The notice for further development of pilot projects for the promotion of energy saving and New Energy Vehicles (NEVs) specifies a range of mechanisms to facilitate the scale up and deployment of energy saving and NEVs through pilot cities.
The notice structures requirements around four stakeholder areas:
- Requirements for pilot cities
- Requirements for manufacturers
- Requirements for the assessment of the pilot work by the pilot organisation
- Requirements for strengthened coordination across key ministries and commissions.
The notice also sets out the basis for a range of fiscal support (producer and consumer subsidies) and incentive-based policies, including:
- Provision of subsidies from the central government to vehicle manufacturers
- Waiver for NEV license plate auctions/lottery
- Support policies such as favourable reductions in parking fees, electricity prices and road tolls
- Ramp up of infrastructure construction