In response to the global energy crisis, the Polish government implement a series of consumer-oriented support measures in December 2021, including:
- an inflation allowance for households,
- a waiver for excise duty on electricity,
- a reduction in VAT on electricity from 23% to 5%,
- a reduction in VAT on natural gas from 23% to 8%,
- a reduction in fuel prices, implemented through excise duty decrease, and
- a reduction in VAT on district heating network access from 23% to 8%.
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more