In response to the global energy crisis, the Polish government launched a ‘Heat with compensation’ programme, which will run from October 2022 to April 2023.
Under the scheme, households and public utility institutions energy prices will be capped at:
- PLN 150.95/GJ (32€) for heat generated from natural gas
- PLN 103.82/GJ for heat generated from other sources.
The programme also provides one-off subsidies to households depending on wood pellets, lump wood, liquefied LPG or fuel oil-based heating, along the following lines:
- PLN 3000 for solid fuel boiler powered by wood pellets or another biomass
- PLN 1000 for boilers powered by lump wood
- PLN 500 for gas boiler powered by liquefied LPG
- PLN 2000 for oil boiler.