This executive decree aims to determine the scope, content and approval procedures for environmental impact studies and notices. Among others, it applies to oil and gas exploration projects.
Environmental impact assessments and notices must include:
- A presentation of the project developer;
- A description of the current environmental state;
- A description of the planned activity and of the different phases of the project;
- A description of potential emissions;
- Assessment of the foreseeable direct and indirect impacts, in the short, medium and long term, of the project on the environment (air, water, soil, biological environment, health, etc.);
- An environmental management plan for monitoring, mitigation and compensation of associated environmental impacts.
There is no specific mention of methane but activities usually emitting methane are managed through related processes.