In an effort to cushion domestic consumers from the effects of the global energy crisis, the Swedish government has enacted the following measures as an amendment to its 2022 budget:
- The tax on diesel and petrol is temporarily reduced from June to October 2022.
- A new fuel compensation is introduced for private individuals.
- Funding for energy efficiency improvements and renovation of apartment buildings and outdoor environments.
- Additional funds are allocated to the climate bonus appropriation incentivising the purchase of electric vehicles.
- the GDP indexation of diesel and petrol is paused.