On 18 June 2022, the restricted Council of Ministerns (Kern) agreed to further extend existing measures to support rising energy bills. The following was decided:
- The temporary reduction of VAT on electricity from 21% to 6% is extended until 31 December 2022
- The temporary reduction of VAT on gas and heat from 21% to 6% is extended until 31 December 2022
- The EUR 200 allocation granted for households heating with heating oil or propane in bulk is raised to EUR 225
- The temporary reduction of EUR 0.175/liter of excise duty on diesel on petrol is extended until 31 December 2021
- A temporary reduction of VAT to 6% on gas and heat for co-owners (e.g. apartments, campsites, nursing homes...) is introduced
- Enlarged social tariff is extended to 31 December 2022
The measures entered into force on 29 June 2022.