This law establishes the relevant rules for the mining industry. Regarding investment, this law has a complete chapter referring to measures to promote mining that apply to every person involved in mining activity regardless of corporate structure. Some examples of these measures can be found in Article 72:
- Tax stabilisation: Owners of mining activities that start or are carrying out operations greater than 350 MT/day and up to 5,000 MT/day, or those who make investment for the equivalent in Peruvian national currency to US $2,000,000, will enjoy tax stability, for a period of ten years, counted from the year in which investment is executed. The tax stabilisation means that the investment will be covered by the tax regime in force at the date of its approval, with any subsequently created taxes not being applicable;
- Special and more favourable tax rules regarding incomes tax and distribution of dividends;
- The investment for public mining infrastructure will be deducted from the taxable income;
- No discrimination in relation to currency exchange matters such as exchange rate or exchange regulation;
- Free remittance of profits and dividends, and free disposition of foreign currency;
- Internal and external free commercialisation of their production;
- More simple administrative process.