An Electrification Strategy was unveiled by the Swedish government. It comprises 12 points and 67 measures, to be implemented over the period 2022-2024. Among the measures announced, there are:
- The creation of an electrification council to support the Strategy;
- The improvement of the national network planning with Swedish Transmission System Operator Svenska kraftnät;
- The implementation of a cogeneration strategy, with the support of the Swedish Energy Agency;
- The expansion of the charging infrastructure for EVs and tank infrastructure for hydrogen;
- The provision of incentives for the development of wind power.
The 2022 budget has SEK 20 million for the strategy and the 2023 and 2024 budgets have respectively SEK 35 million and SEK 25 million allocated.