This Order establishes requirements for the safety of gas supply system facilities:
- when operating gas supply systems;
- when operating gas supply systems in special natural and climatic conditions;
- explosion safety during operation of gas distribution system facilities and gas consumption of thermal power plants and boiler houses, which apply to boiler plants with a steam capacity of 35 t/h and above and hot water boiler plants with a thermal capacity of 50 Gcal/h and above;
- in case of gas-hazardous work;
- during the localisation and elimination of accidents.
Under the Order, in case of detection of gas contamination of structures on the gas pipeline route or gas leakage:
- the emergency dispatch service and the management of the service are immediately notified;
- immediate measures are taken to warn the surrounding people about gas pollution and the inadmissibility of using open fire, using electrical appliances and the need to ventilate the premises;
- instrumentation checks and ventilation of gassed basements, basement and first floors of buildings, wells and chambers of underground structures (communications) in a 15-meter and 50-meter zone are organized, in personal protective equipment for the organs of vision and breathing.