The National Energy and Climate Plan (NECP) defines Hungary’s climate policy goals through 2030, incorporating 2040 perspectives. Hungary’s main objectives by 2030 indicated in the Plan are as follows:
• Reduction of GHG emissions compared to 1990: minimum of -40%
• Reduction of non-ETS emissions compared to 2005: minimum of -7%
• Final energy consumption: maximum of 785 PJ
• Share of interconnected electricity systems: minimum of 60%
• Share of energy production based on renewable energy sources within electricity consumption: minimum of 20%
• Nuclear capacity: maintained.