Sustainable growth agenda / Pillar 1 / 2- Supporting the green and digital transition of the industry
The European Commission has approved Finland's recovery plan on October 4th, 2021. Finland's target is to achieve carbon neutrality by 2035.
Within the first pillar of the plan, this sub-area is divided into the following initiatives:
- Low-carbon industry reform: reduce significantly emissions from Finnish industries.
- Strategic promotion of the circular economy and reform of the Waste Act
- Streamlining permitting processes: fostering investments by ensuring that the permit processing times are not extended.
- Investment for low carbon hydrogen and carbon capture & recovery in industry (EUR 150 million)
- Investment for the electrification of industrial processes, improvements on energy efficiency, innovation for low-carbon fuels and low-emission solutions (EUR 60 million)
- Investment for the reuse and recycling of key materials and industrial by-products: battery materials, plastics, textiles, electrical & electronic equipment, and construction materials. (EUR 110 million)
- Temporary additional resources for processing environmental permits: hiring out environmental permits & additional staff to process investment applications (EUR 12 million)
Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more (Finnish)
- Manufacuturing technologies and systems
- Process heat systems
- Steam systems
- CO2 Capture
- Digital technologies and systems
- Battery recycling
- CO2 capture and transport technologies
- Hydrogen electrolysis technologies
- Materials use and efficiency technologies
- Metals recycling techniques
- Plastics recycling techniques
- Recycling and end-of-life
- Recycling of cement and concrete