As part of the French Resilience and Recovery Plan, the French government stated specific measures to reduce carbon emissions in the industry sector (responsible for 20% of carbon emissions in France).
In order to so, several calls for projects have been settled and will be funded with a budget of EUR 1.2 billion over three years.
- Call for projects from end August to mid-October, for energy efficiency investments of more than EUR 3 million
- Call for interest from end August to mid-November for investments in procedure transformation
- Call for projects related to low carbon heating, end August to mid-October 2020
In 2021 and 2022:
- Call for investments in energy efficiency and transformation procedures for emissions reductions
- Call for projects regarding low carbon heating
The objective is to invest in industrial processes that would be less polluting (ex: electrifying procedures that currently function on fossil fuels) and to financially compensate for the additional surcharge in decarbonised energy, compared to fossil fuels.