New methodology to calculate the charges of the electricity bill

Last updated: 19 July 2021

The Royal Decree establishes the methodology for calculating electricity system charges. Consumers with less than 15kW of contracted power, the majority of domestic users and SMEs, will have 75% of the charges calculated based on their energy consumption, and the remaining 25% will be term fixed, depending on the contracted power. In this way, energy saving and efficiency measures will have a greater effect on the bill. In addition there will be an electricity social bonus, or a discount on the electricity bill, of 25% for vulnerable customers who met the established requirements and 40% for severe vulnerable consumers who meet the established requirements. The electricity social bonus will be available for self-employed workers who have ceased their activity or have seen their billing decrease by 75% compared to the previous semester due to Covid-19 and meet income criteria.

Want to know more about this policy ? Learn more