The Workshop is organised jointly by the International Energy Agency’s Expert Group on Research and Development (IEA-EGRD) and the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (EC-JRC). It will bring together renowned experts from across the globe dealing with the clean energy materials and supply chains. Its objective is twofold:
- to provide a better understanding of the state-of-the-art solutions available for managing and increasing the resilience of the clean energy materials supply chains
- to define the R&I needs for addressing the policy challenges related to the clean energy supply chains, and assess ways towards fulfilling them.
The Workshop is divided in four Sessions, each one addressing the relevant challenge:
- Materials challenges in the clean energy transition
- Modelling and analysis of supply chains, Resilience, and Mitigation of disruption risk
- Sustainability, ESG and Circularity - Challenges and Innovation in recycling, and
- New Innovative and Advanced materials for Substitution of CRMs
Please note that the deadline for online registration is 6 December.
The EGRD is an informal advisory body under CERT that provides knowledge and advice on emerging and systemic R&D related topics for governments’ energy policy-making, as well as on methods and approaches for evaluating the impact of energy-relevant R&D missions, programmes and activities.