Digitalisation for Flexible and Resilient Energy Systems: Call for Proposals
Following up on the 2019 Climate Action Summit, the Italian Ministry of Ecological Transition (IMET) in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is launching a call for pilot projects on digitalisation for flexible and resilient energy systems. The initiative aims to step up global climate action and uptake of clean energy models. Pilot projects will provide an opportunity to gain on-the-ground insights, test new approaches and disseminate learnings that will feed into the IEA’s Digital Demand-Driven Electricity Networks (3DEN) Initiative, which focuses on the policy, regulatory, technology and investment context needed to accelerate progress on power system modernisation and effective utilisation of demand-side resources.
The webinar will be an opportunity for the public and private sector to learn more about the call for proposals. Proposals are expected to showcase innovative business and regulatory models for the uptake of smarter digital power infrastructure. Information shared will include the terms of reference for pilot projects, application process and timeline, and selection criteria.
- Moderator: Vida Rozite, Energy Policy Analyst, IEA
- Opening and welcome remarks by Myriem Touhami, Project Manager, UNEP Presentation of the Initiative by Annalidia Pansini, Climate and Energy Policy Advisor, IMET
- The importance of digitalisation and flexible energy systems by Pauline Henriot, Energy Policy Analyst, IEA
- Overview of the open call for proposal by Rakesh Shejwal, Programme Management Officer, UNEP
- 20-25 min Q&A session by IEA and UNEP
Find more information about the call, terms of reference and application form here.
Registration is free! Sign up now to secure your spot