Portugal submitted its recovery and resilience plan to the European Commission, as part of the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility.
The plan is composed of 20 different components that are structured in 3 main dimensions (Resilience, Climate transition, and Digital transition).
The dimension of climate transition includes 4 components that can be considered as directly relevant for the energy sector. This initiative is part of the component related to energy efficiency in buildings (Component 13).
The investments that will be allocated to this initiative are folded into three main actions:
- Energy efficiency in residential buildings: EUR 300 million
- Energy efficiency in buildings of the central public administration: EUR 240 million
- Energy efficiency in service buildings: EUR 70 million
The Environmental Fund will coordinate this initiative and the objective is to implement passive and active solutions, such as thermal insulation of walls, roofs and windows, heating pumps and solar heaters, self-consumption and renewable energy sources, the replacement of appliances, and the incorporation of recycled and natural-based materials in the construction activities.
- Building envelope technologies
- Floor insulation
- Wall insulation
- Roof insulation
- Space, water and process heating technologies
- Solar thermal heaters
- Heat pumps
- Building design (incl. passive cooling and heating)
- Fabrication/construction strategies (incl. reducing material losses)
- Heating, cooling and climate control technologies
- Materials use and efficiency technologies
- Other envelope technologies
- Recycling and end-of-life
- Recycling of other materials