The Department of Energy (DOE) awarded a total of USD 110 million to 102 projects in 24 states researching clean energy and climat solutions. The funding is administered by the DOE's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, and comes through the DOE's Office of Science (SC) and the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E).
Selected projects include:
- Safer and more sustainable batteries
- Innovation in nuclear physics to lower energy costs
- Next-generation efficient nuclear reactors
- Advanced research for studying plant roots
- Methane detection technology