The WEO-2021 Free Dataset includes world aggregated data for all scenarios (SDS, APS, STEPS, NZE) and selected data for key regions and countries for 2030 and 2050, as well as historical data (2010, 2019, 2020). Access to this dataset will be free of charge for non-commercial usage.
The WEO-2021 Free Dataset is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 IGO license (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO). You are free to copy, redistribute and adapt the data, provided the use is for non-commercial purposes, under the following conditions:
- Third-party content - If you wish to use or re-disseminate any data in this file that is sourced or attributed to a third party, it is your responsibility to determine whether permission is needed for that re-use and to obtain permission from the relevant owner.
- Attribution - Please cite the IEA’s data as follows: International Energy Agency (2021), World Energy Outlook 2021, IEA, . Licence: Creative Commons Attribution CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
- Adaptations - If you create derived material based on IEA data, please use the following notice: Based on data from International Energy Agency (2021), as modified by [insert your legal entity name].
- ShareAlike - If you transform, build on or otherwise modify the IEA’s data in order to derive new material, you must distribute your derived material under the same licence as the original.
- Commercial usage: If you wish to use the data for commercial purposes or use or distribute your derived material for commercial purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tables for Scenario Projections
This annex includes global historical and projected data by scenario for the following four datasets : energy supply, total final consumption, electricity sector: gross electricity generation and electrical capacity, CO₂ emissions: carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from fossil fuel combustion and industrial processes.
World Energy Outlook 2021 - Free Dataset